There are many reasons to grow plants from seed…
1. Growing your food and flowers from seed is perhaps the most rewarding task in the garden!
Growing a plant from seed to fruit is a testament to your dedication to caring for your plants. Much care goes into growing your plants from seed, such as transplanting, harvesting, fertilizing, and more, to have happy plants.
2. Seeds are less expensive than buying a potted plant. Potted vegetables are more than $5 each, which is the roughly the same amount you could pay for a packet of many seeds.
3. You have access to more varieties.
There is an endless amount of varieties of edible and ornamental plants. With our seed selection, you can find interesting flowers, frilly lettuce, colorful carrots, California natives, and more.
4. Seeds have a long shelf life (you can hold onto seeds for a few years if stored properly)
5. Know where your food comes from. If you grow your food from seed, you can be 100% sure how your edibles were taken care of (no pesticides)
We have MANY varieties of seeds in stock at the nursery. Drop by and start planning next year’s garden!